Mechanical Quality Control Inspector
GSE Dynamics, Inc., a full-service engineering and manufacturing company located in Hauppauge, NY is seeking an experienced Mechanical Quality Control Inspector.
- Read blueprints and instructions for quality expectations for products and supplies
- Inspection of raw materials to quality standards
- Inspections including First article using appropriate methods including measuring dimensions, testing functionality, reviewing specifications, etc.
- Use of various systems to perform complex testing procedures
- Maintain records of testing, information and various metrics.
- Monitor the use of equipment to ensure it is safe and well-maintained.
- Prepare and submit reports to quality management
- Knowledge of Aerospace Manufacturing is required including processing and fabrication methods.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and instructions.
- Ability to work independently with hand measuring equipment including calipers and micrometers.
- Ability to do independent first piece inspection on sheet metal parts, machined parts and assemblies.
- Ability to lift heavy materials (up to 40 lbs.)
- Computer skills are a must.
- Working knowledge with CMM inspections
- Familiarity with composite materials are a plus.
- U.S. Citizen
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Benefits include: Paid Time Off, Medical Insurance, Dental Benefit, Life Insurance, 401k with company match.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Please contact: Careers@GSEDynamics.com