Aerospace Composite Technician
GSE Dynamics, Inc., a full-service engineering and manufacturing company located in Hauppauge, NY is seeking an experienced Aerospace Composite Technician
- Mold preparation and repair including the application of mold releases
- Mixing and application of adhesives sealants and potting compounds
- Trim and machine core materials
- Layout and trim of finished parts
- Install and leak test of vacuum bag assemblies
- Setup oven and autoclave for cure cycles in accordance with instructions
- Basic machining of tooling and detail parts
- Finishing and application of paints to finished parts (details and assemblies)
- Perform vacuum bagging and related processes for fabrication and curing composite parts
- Perform structural bonding operations using film adhesives, core materials, and foaming adhesives.
- Utilize clean room process to maintain the integrity of new parts.
- Document materials utilized in creating parts for traceability purposes.
- General knowledge of practices and procedures used to fabricate composite and metal bonded structures.
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to read and correctly interpret blueprints and schematics is a must.
- Ability to use precision instruments such as calipers and micrometers in order to trim or drill parts.
- Ability to calculate proper proportions of resins and catalysts as required by specifications.
- Ability to lift heavy materials up to 50 lbs.
- U.S. Citizen.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience in laminating and/or fabricating.
Job Type: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Benefits include: Paid Time Off, Medical Insurance, Dental Benefit, Life Insurance, 401k with company match.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Please contact: Careers@GSEDynamics.com